Sunday, August 19, 2012

Radishes on Plate

Inspired by the Daily Paintworks "Complementary Challenge," I tried to use red as red, and green as the complimentary color that I could play around with.  Doesn't make sense, you say?  Didn't to me either.  Then, as usual, Jo handed us all the guidebook with her lovely peppers here.  She nailed it!  Now I'm still uncertain as to whether or not mine fits into the parameters of the challenge, but either way, I had fun with this one.  At first it looked bad, then it looked terrible, and then it went in a completely different direction that was both unplanned and satisfying at the same time.  Tomorrow I will have a go with orange and blue, more in my comfort zone, and see what happens!
oil on panel
6 x 6
click here to purchase


No comments:

Post a Comment