Friday, December 6, 2013

Poppies

I painted these poppies a while ago while at an art fair.  The fair was a bust, but it was the first time I had ever painted with people watching me.  What a learning experience!  I never had a large group watching, maybe three or four people at most at a time.  They would stay and watch for several minutes.  I mostly had my back turned (I'm sure that's a big no-no, but I wanted people to see the painting, not me), but I could hear people talking.  I heard things like "look what she's doing there," and "how is she going to do that part" and "I wonder why she keeps skipping around to different parts."  If nothing else, it was nice to let people into the world of art, even for a minute.  Most importantly, I didn't get the luxury of taking my time and second guessing myself.  I had to keep painting and just let it happen!
oil on deep canvas
16 x 20
click here to purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment