Sunday, June 30, 2013

Two Lemons

This painting is another that I painted several months ago that has been hanging out in Eden.  It's a 10 x 10, but I remember at the time thinking it was such a large painting!  I had been working so long in the 6 x 6 format trying to get comfortable with still life painting.  I'm still not 100 percent comfortable switching back and forth between small and large, but it is getting easier.
In other news, we just got back from a week long vacation in Mexico.  We all had a blast, even if we did get more sun than we should have.  I brought my fancy schmancy camera with all intention of capturing colorful Mexican architecture, luscious palm trees and tranquil beach scenes to paint.  Mostly, however, I captured pictures of the kids with varying amounts of sand coverage.  I did manage to snap a few of the beautiful and colorful clouds over the ocean, so maybe one of those will turn into something!
oil on deep canvas
10 x 10
click here to purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment