Sunday, June 17, 2012

Limes with Creamer

I picked up this creamer at the flea market the other day when I found my lovely book stack.  It came as a set and I love the angles of the handles.  The sugar thing (holder? pot? I'm embarrassed that I don't know what they're called) has two handles that makes it look like a small trophy.  They are dainty and fun and I thought would pair nicely with some limes.  The reflections were the best part!

oil on panel
5 x 5
click here to purchase
In other news, I sold my first painting yesterday!  I have sold some in the past, but this was the first to a complete stranger who doesn't know me.  Now it sold for $3 in an auction, but to me that said: someone likes your painting enough to want it in their house.  I think that's a great first step!


2 comments:

  1. Your work is wonderful... energetic and fresh! I'm glad I've discovered your blog! It is a thrill when you sell one... like someone has cast a vote for YOU! Congrats! From what I see, more sales will be in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen, your words are so encouraging! You really made my day!

      Delete